IFAD supported project “Strengthening knowledge management for greater development effectiveness in the Near East, North Africa, Central Asia and Europe” is led by the International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) together with its international partners Virginia Tech, CIHEAM Bari, PROCASUR and national partners in Moldova, Morocco, Sudan.
This project facilitates and supports the knowledge management and capacity development activities in 3 selected countries (with possibility of extending to further two). Increasing the capacities of participating public institutions in this work by providing necessary structures and systems at a country and regional level will ensure that knowledge being developed can be effectively managed for longer term growth and development.
Objectives of the meeting:
• To formally launch the project and to build partnerships for implementation;
• To ensure that all parties have shared understanding of objectives and are familiar with planned activities, deliverables and approach to the implementation of the project;
• To learn about experiences of national and international partners in institutional KM and discuss their uses in current project;
• To discuss and agree upon roles, functions, and responsibilities of project stakeholders, country focal points and project partners;
• To present, discuss, amend if needed, and adopt the project 6-month and 1-year workplans;
• To discuss the assessment methodology of KM gaps and learning needs, provide ideas for its adaptation to local conditions;
• To agree on next steps and project milestones.
Within the project the role of the CIHEAM Bari is important above all in the knowledge management capacity assessments for enhanced formulation of learning needs (component 1) and in the capacity development and knowledge systematization (component 2) through the organization of courses in the three target countries: Morocco, Moldova and Sudan.