The project specific objectives are:
- To conduct regional diagnoses based on a SWOT analysis of the organic sector in the participating regions, evaluating the existing support measures and policies, regulatory framework, SME needs, etc, in four large thematic areas: i) production and processing, ii) commercialization and marketing, iii) training and advice, iv) organic value chain efficiency and governance.
- To mobilize relevant stakeholders at the regional level in the above mentioned areas in order to include their contributions in the development of the Regional Action Plans.
- To carry out the exchange of experience and interregional learning among project partners and regional stakeholders in the above mentioned areas.
- To carry out the strategic thinking processes at regional level in order to identify the relevant measures (from the interregional learning process) to be integrated into the regional policies, the activities needed for this integration, timeframe and responsible actors.
- To identify the synergies and complementarities between different policy and funding instruments (ERDF, ESF, EAFRD) in order to optimize their joint utilization at regional level.
- To develop Regional Action Plans with tailored funding and policies, including: clarification of the motivations behind the policy objectives and measures, clear and specific objectives, an analysis of the conflicts and synergies of possible policy measures, quantified indicators, monitoring and evaluation procedures.
In order to successfully achieve these objectives over the 4-year duration of the project (2 years to develop the organic action plans and 2 years for their implementation) 8 stakeholders workshops will be organised in each region (one per semester), and partners and stakeholders will participate in the field visits of all the regions, where each host region will present its policy measures and programmes relevant to the organic sector. In addition, regional and interregional dissemination events will be organised to transfer and promote the project’s results and outcomes.
For more information about the project, please read the SME ORGANICS brochure an visit the project website.
Source of funding
: Interreg Europe Programme (ERDF funds)
: 2 065 619,00 €
- INTIA - Institute for Agri-food Technology and Infrastructure of Navarre - Spain
- Navarra Government’s Dept of Rural Development, Environment and Local Administration and Navarra’s Development Agency – SODENA - Spain
- Lodzkie Region Marshall's Office - Poland
- Puglia Region Managing Authority - Italy
- North-West Regional Development Agency - Romania
- International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements (IFOAM EU) - Belgium
- INTERBIO Nouvelle Aquitaine - France
- Union of the Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Agriculture and Crafts of Lombardy - Italy
- CIHEAM Bari - Italy
- Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences - Finland
- FiBL Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (Aargau-CH) - Switzerland